Abstract Of Principles of Union Baptist Church
1. We believe in one only living and true God; the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, equal in wisdom, power and glory.
2. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are of Divine authority and the infallible rule of faith and practice.
3. We believe in the total depravity of human nature and that recovery and restoration from that depravity is wholly and entirely of the free, rich, sovereign and unmerited grace of God, in Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that God purposed in Himself, for His own glory, to make a display of His wisdom, power and justice in works of creation which He has made in the dispensations of His providence.
5. We believe that God, from all eternity, purposed to save a people from their sins for His holy name’s sake and that in infinite wisdom, He devised the plan and appointed every means necessary to accomplish the great end of their redemption which He effected in His own time, by the operation of His Holy Spirit.
6. We believe that sinners are justified before God alone by the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.
7. We believe that all such as are born of the Spirit of God are kept by the power of God, through faith, unto salvation.
8. We believe that good works are the effects of God’s election, follows being born of the Spirit of God and are evidences of a gracious state.
9. We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of the Gospel instituted by Jesus Christ and none but those who profess faith in Christ and obedience to His will are fit subjects for either.
10. We believe immersion, according to the Scriptures and the apostles’ practice is the only mode of baptism.
11. We believe in the sanctity of the first day of the week, or the Lord’s day and that it ought to be spent in the public and private worship of God and that we should abstain from our worldly concerns except in cases of mercy or necessity.
12. We believe in the physical, personal, and public, triumphant return of Jesus Christ to this earth.
13. We believe in the resurrection of the body of both the just and the unjust, and that God will judge the world in righteousness by that man, Jesus Christ, whom He ordained.
14. We believe the righteous will forever abide in the peaceful presence of God their Redeemer and His pardoning grace and forgiving love will be the theme of their song. while the wicked shall remain in everlasting torment.